With the ACT being possibly the most important test that you will take in your life, a good score will get you into the college of your dreams.
When taking the reading part of the ACT you need to be able to read 200 WPM and you must be able to annotate and summarize quickly.
For math, don’t over complicate the questions and make sure that you are answering the right questions. Also you must make sure that you have the right calculator for the test which are the Texas Instruments TI-89 and the TI-92.
Now as for the science part of the ACT you need to know what you’re getting into and what types of questions there will be. Basically you need to practice. The ACT is a big test and will determine what colleges you will be able to get into.
Before the Test
• Before taking the ACT studying is necessary
• The ACT is a difficult test and not studying will only make it that much more difficult
• Also beforehand, make sure to get a good breakfast so that you’ll be alert and ready for the test
During the Test
• During the test, DO NOT rush yourself as it will only frustrate you and make the test more difficult. You must pace yourself
• Make sure to stay on topic. It is a timed test and getting off topic will hurt
Article by Koby Hadorn, staff writer